Friday, October 18, 2013

Renie Anderson

Strolling in an with her head high, a posh red dress and nails to match; only to be assembled with a nice set of heels and a designer bag. You would never expect what that the glamour queen was none other then VP, Business Development of NFL Renie Anderson. Not only does she work for one of the nations biggest cooperation but she is also an alumni of the Ole Miss. Born and raised in a small town in Kentucky, Renie’s love for story telling led her to the journalism department. “I learned to use and effective pitch from my love for story telling.” Says Ms. Anderson, she continues. “I think I took advantage of everything the school (Ole Miss) had to offer me.” Getting her big break came as a surprise however. Graduating from college and heading to California, she started working for a temp service as a secretary. She landed a job of eight years with the Arena Football League, starting as assistant to then-Commissioner David Baker. She left Arena football and took the NFL’s senior vice president of sponsorship and media sales. When asked how she feels about being a prominent female figure in a mans world she responds: “I don’t think of myself as a female executive but as a VP executive and I do a good job. I know the men I work with I just look good doing it.” The modest and savvy businesswomen is in charge of the leagues 26 official sponsors and making sure they all have an authentic brand. Leveraging the revenue and the rights to sell to companies so they can use the NFL logo in commercials. “Baseball is America’s pastime, football is America’s passion.” Says Ms. Anderson. So what does the powerhouse do when she’s not working, running behind her two gorgeous girls that are 6 and 4 years old and of course her husband. “They are my favorite people in the world. Everything in life is replaceable but the aren’t to me.” She lights up with a smile on her face. In her article by Sportsbusinessdaily she goes more into detail about their favorite songs by Taylor Swift and her youngsters love for Rock n roll. It’s no wonder how she does it all in one day. You can see that it obviously takes a nice stiletto pump to be the driving force in a world of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment